Valentine's Day quotes: original and romantic
We'll give you the best quotes and phrases for Valentine's Day to win your partner's heart. Discover a compilation of original and funny quotes to celebrate Valentine's Day.
TRIED AND TESTED5 February 2020
February 14th is a special day for all those who are in love, because it's Valentine's Day. This is a special day where many people take the opportunity to show their partners the love they feel for them.
One way to express that love is through words. Whether it's through a letter, in person or through WhatsApp or Instagram messages, here are the best quotes to celebrate your partner this Valentine's Day.
Original Valentine's Day phrases
If you haven't chosen your dedication for Valentine's Day yet, here is a selection of phrases which are guaranteed to work.
- "Love is a crime that can not be realised without an accomplice". Charles Baudelaire.
- “To love is not to look at one another: it is to look, together, in the same direction”. Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
- "I have experienced all and assure you that nothing is better than being in the arms of someone you love". John Lennon.
- "A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave". Gandhi.
- "In matters of love the crazy ones are the ones that have more experience. Of love you never ask the sane ones. The sane ones love heartily that is like never to have loved". Jacinto Benavente.
- "Going through life without love is like going to battle without music, like taking a trip without a book, like sailing the seas without a star to guide us". Stendhal.
- "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness". Friedrich Nietzsche.
- "The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved". Víctor Hugo.
- "All life's battles teach us something, even those we lose". Paulo Coelho.
- "After some time, you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and imprisoning a soul". Jorge Luis Borges.
Quotes from songs
- "I intend to love you until my sun goes out." Alejandro Sanz.
- "May all our nights be wedding nights; may all our moons be honeymoons". Sabina.
- "Before seeing the sun, I prefer to hear your voice". Coti.
- "For my madness there is no other cure than your lips". Pablo Alborán.
- "I want to be a poet and tell you to your face that I like you or, even better, I'm crazy about you". Pau Donés.
- "I'm in a hurry to see you, to hold you in my arms, because when you're away my heart doesn't beat". Melendi.
- "You're the reason for my mornings. You're all my battles and you're a fresh rain in the middle of April. You're a music with soul, you are earth and you are water. You're so much that I don't even know what to say”. Antonio Orozco.
- "To me you are perfect". Love Actually.
- "You jump, I jump, right?". Titanic.
- "We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you". The Notebook.
- "When you realise you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." When Harry Met Sally.
- "I'm just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her." Notting Hill.