Recipe to make homemade bread
Would you like to make your own bread? Now is the time! We explain how to make homemade bread step by step: Ingredients, preparation time, tips to make it perfect...
on today's menu
For those who love cooking, making bread is one of the main achievements to unlock. Fermentation times, kneading, the type of bake and ideal cooking time can turn the task into an uphill struggle and so you don’t know where to start. Here you have a hassle-free recipe so you can have homemade bread whenever you like, because you don’t need to pre-heat the oven, it doesn’t need to rest and there are no waiting times. Hands on the dough!
How to make homemade bread: step by step
- 310g of strong flour
- 175ml of warm water
- 20g of extra virgin extra olive oil (light is better)
- 15g of fresh baking yeast, (or 5.5g of dry yeast)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- Heat the water so it is warm. It needs to be warm to activate the yeast.
- Pour it into a bowl and add the crumbled yeast, the oil and salt and mix well.
- Have a wide container prepared with the strong flour. Pour the mixture of water into it and start to knead it until it separates easily from the walls of the container and doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Place a little flour on the worktop or table you are working on and finish kneading there. Give it a round shape.
- Coat an oven-proof container with a little oil, ensure it has a lid or use two containers that fit on top of each other so that the top one acts as a lid. Place the dough inside and with a sharp knife, make a few cuts on the top.
- Bake at 220ºC in a fan oven and with the heat above, for 45 minutes.
- When it is ready, place it on a wire rack for it to cool. If you want to give the bread a rustic touch, sprinkle it with flour.
What if I don't have fresh baking yeast?,
- 100 ml of beer
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
Mix all the ingredients, cover with film and let stand overnight.
The quantity corresponds to a dice of fresh baking yeast.