Black rice with king prawns and artichokes
Follow the steps in the video to make this delicious black rice with prawns. We also tell you about other combinations with more fish for you to shine.
on today's menu
- 400 g rice
- 200 g artichokes
- 250 g king prawns
- 40 g cuttlefish or squid ink
- 2 l of fish stock
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon La Vera Paprika
- Half a grated tomato
- Olive oil
Step by step recipe
1. Grate the tomatoes.
2. Peel the artichokes until you are left with the softest part. Once peeled, split into quarters.
3. Add oil to the pan and seal the king prawns on both sides, without letting them cook fully. Leave them to one side.
4. Fry the artichokes until they turn golden. Careful, don’t remove them from the pan!
5. Add the sliced garlic to the pan and fry it; then add the paprika and, the grated tomato straight away.
6. Add the rice to the sauté so it permeates with the mixture.
7. Add the ink to the rice and stir well. Next, pour in the fish stock, together with the amount of salt you think is necessary, and leave the rice to cook for approximately 16 minutes. Be careful! When the stock starts to boil, reduce the heat to medium heat.
8. Once the rice is nearly cooked, add the king prawns.
9. Tip: if you want to achieve the typical Valencian “socarrat”, once the 16 minutes of cooking time is up, increase the heat for 2 or 3 minutes to toast the rice which is at the bottom.