Father's Day Gifts
Looking for something special for Father’s Day? In this section you will find endless gift options for Father's Day: wines, aftershaves, sweets...
TRIED AND TESTED
Because your father deserves the best, because he is your greatest support in the most difficult times, your confidante, your best friend, the one who scolds you, but also brings out your best smile and your hobby partner, deserves a gift. And, although the best gift for him will always be when you tell him how much you love him, you can also accompany him with a little something that you know he's going to love.
Ideas to give for Father’s Day
There are as many types of gifts as there are types of men. So, identify which group your father belongs to and surprise him:
- If your father is one of those who enjoys a nice meal, something wine-related is a must on your shopping list. So, take advantage and give him a good selection of wines and some food with which you can accompany it and enjoy a hamper of freshly cut ham, or a selection of cheeses, some snacks and aperitifs...
- If he loves to take care of himself and look good, you can opt for an aftershave, a set of men's skincare products or even a selection of shaving products, whether he has a beard, or is always in a hurry. This is one of the few beauty routines that almost every parent in the world follows, so success is assured.
- If he has a sweet tooth and never says no to a sweet treat, surprise him with a cake with which you can celebrate this Father's Day.
- If he is an athlete, think about whether he needs a new kit or some sports accessories for the activities he does.
- If you're a tech addict, bet on a state-of-the-art gadget, such as a new tablet, wireless headphones, an e-book or some trendy accessories that can help him to store these devices.
- If he loves movies and series, you can give a one-year subscription to one of the audio-visual platforms that currently offer this type of product.
Father's Day Gifts for Future Dad's
For those who are starting out in fatherhood there are countless personalised products that you can give them. From a pair of socks with a message on, a personalisation of your baby's first dummy, a keychain with the baby's name engraved or an office mug with a message.
Original arts and crafts for Father's Day
When it comes to a gift for Father's Day, doing some type of arts and crafts with the youngest members of the family is a good option. This isn’t just a great way of getting them to take part in such a special day, but also is also a souvenir for life. Make a note of the arts and crafts for Father's Day that we suggest below!
Suit-shaped Father’s Day Card
- 1 piece of 14 x 24 cm black card
- 1 piece of 15 x 11 cm white card
- 1 small red bow (can be card or fabric)
- Felt tip pens
Step by step:
- Position the black card horizontally and measure 6 cm from the end towards the centre. Mark them and fold these 6cm inwards.
- Fold the central points of the card outwards to create the lapels of the suit.
- Position the white card vertically and mark a horizontal line from the end with a thickness of 1cm. Make a cut at each end of the line, almost until you reach the centre, but without cutting it completely. Fold these cuts towards the centre to make the shirt collar and, once created, stick the small red bow on like a bow tie.
- Write your message or stick your favourite photo on the card.
- Insert the white card into the black card and stick the ends of the black card together.
- Stick some small buttons in the centre to complete your Father's Day card.
- Slide it upwards to see the secret message!
- A hard plastic cup
- Wooden ice cream sticks
- Glue or a silicone gun
- Coloured card
- Felt tip pens or watercolours
- Tape or raffia string
Step by step:
- Paint the wooden sticks using your favourite colour and stick them around the cup vertically.
- Cut out five stars from the card and write the word “daddy” on them (each letter on one star).
- Once the glue has dried, take the tape or raffia string and wrap it around the cup. That way, the sticks will remain fixed in place better.
- Stick the card stars on top of the string.
Personalised photo frame
- Your favourite printed photo
- A wooden photo frame that has a flat surface
- Wood sandpaper
- Your favourite decorations (pieces of Lego, small toy parts, small, coloured stones....)
- A silicone gun
Step by step:
- Gently sand the surface of the photo frame to remove the residue of varnish.
- Choose your favourite pieces (they have to be small) and stick them around the photo frame using the silicone gun.
- Leave the pieces to dry and position the photo.
Father’s Day Puzzle
- 10 x 10 cm photo or picture
- 2 pieces of 14 x 14 cm cardboard
- 2 pieces of 14 x 14 cm card
- 1 piece of 10 x 10 cm cardboard
Step by step:
- On one of the pieces of 14 x 14 cm cardboard, cut out a 10 x 10 cm square (right in the centre). Repeat the process with one of the cards. (We want it to look like a photo frame)
- Line the pieces of cardboard with the card.
- Place some glue on the edges of the frame and stick it to the 14 x 14 cm (previously lined) cardboard.
- Pick up the 10 x 10 cm piece of cardboard and create a grid with 16 squares measuring 2.5 cm x 2.5 cm. On the back, stick on your 10 x 10 cm photo. Once it has dried, cut out the 2.5 x 2.5 cm squares to create your puzzle.
- Place the pieces on the frame that you have created before starting to play with your puzzle. (Careful! You have to leave a piece out so you can slide the pieces. Choose one from the corner).
If you have enjoyed these activities, in our article Arts and Crafts for children we suggest some really fun activities to try with the youngest members of the family.