Ham and cheese quiche: an easily adaptable recipe
Ham and cheese quiche is a recipe that can be adapted hundreds of different ways. Ours features cheese, ham and leeks among other ingredients. Don’t miss it!
on today's menu
A quiche is always a good plan! There are thousands of possible combinations, we recommend you try it with leeks and ham. A simple, practical and delicious recipe, ideal if you have guests or are going on a picnic.
- 1 chopped leek
- 4 eggs
- 400ml of cooking cream
- 1 round sheet puff pastry dough
- 50 g butter
- 150 g Serrano ham
- 100 g grated Emmental cheese
- Black pepper
Method for making ham and cheese quiche:
1. We'll start our ham and cheese quiche with the filling. Put butter to melt in a pan and cook the chopped leek over a low heat until it is softened.
2. While the leek is cooking, turn on the oven to heat to 180º.
3. When the leek is ready, add the cream to the pot along with the ham cut into strips, mix and remove from the heat.
4. Now, season the mixture and add the nutmeg, eggs and grated cheese. Stir the mixture well until all the ingredients are mixed.
5. Use the puff pastry dough to cover the bottom and sides of a round pie dish, extending well before adding the filling
6. Add the filling mixture to the pastry-lined dish and bake at 180 degrees for 25 min.
7. When the ham and cheese quiche is well browned, remove from the oven, allow to cool and, ‘voilà’ - ready to go!!!