How to Care of fingernails and toenails
Painting fingernails and toenails is a very common thing to do, particularly when the weather gets warmer. Manicures and pedicures are another accessory that has its own trends for each season.
health and beauty
Nails are damaged by contact with detergents, with all the things we pick up, by water, by the cold, the sun... and in the case of toenails, even by sand from the beach, chlorine from swimming pools and closed shoes. So don't you think it's time to pay extra attention to them? Discover how to show off strong, healthy and well-cared for nails.
Tips for nail care
1. Cut or file? Both are adequate, although scissors or nail clippers are always more aggressive than a file, but when cutting nails be careful not to leave spikes that pierce the skin.
2. File properly. If you opt for this method, coarse files are more effective because you get a better result with less filing. It is important to place the file perpendicularly, not parallel to the edge of the nail.
3. Remove cuticles. Do not to cut the cuticles because they will only grow longer. If they are removed or damaged, the nail will be more exposed to aggression, inflammation or infection. It is best to remove them carefully with an orange stick and use products to keep them well hydrated.
4. Repair and protect. Before colouring, it is advisable to use repair and protect products, as well as a good base. The nail polish will last longer and, above all, the nails will be more protected.
Avoid soaking your hands for a long time and dry them well. Then, apply cream to moisturise them, including the nails.
5. Rest. If you always wear nail polish, remember to rest every two months. Leave the nails free of lacquer for at least a week, as the lacquer contains solvents that, over time, end up weakening the nail's natural keratin.
6. Check. The nail, like hair, is a reflection of each person's health. If the nail is deteriorated or yellowish, it may indicate the existence of a fungus or a greater problem. It is advisable to go to a dermatologist. Only treat problems at "home" if there is a small crack or a small deformity.
7. Moisturise against onicophagia (nail biting). If you recently bit your nails, if they are fragile and break, moisturising then constantly with specific nail oils is the key to making them more flexible and resistant.
A lack of some vitamins in our body can be reflected in weak and brittle nails. If this is a problem, nutricosmetics can help strengthen the nails.
No te olvides de las uñas de los pies
Care of your toenails does not differ much from the hands, but you do have to take into account some aspects, such as:
1. La limpieza. En verano los pies necesitan una limpieza extrema, ya que, están en contacto directo con el suelo, por el uso de sandalias y chanclas. Por este motivo es importante dejarlos en remojo, con agua y jabón, durante unos minutos e ir limpiando uña por uña para quitar cualquier tipo de suciedad.
2. El corte. A diferencia de las uñas de las manos, en los pies es muy importante el corte y la forma que se dé a las uñas. Deben cortarse en una única dirección para evitar que la uña sufra fisuras y que queden picos que se encarnen en la piel.
3. La forma. Se puede dar un poco de forma después del corte con una lima larga y estrecha para que llegue bien a todos los huecos.
4. La hidratación. La arena de la playa y el cloro son dos agentes externos que hacen que uñas y pies se resequen y sufran. Por lo que, estos deben nutrirse en profundidad con crema hidratante, a poder ser específica para pies. Para una absorción más profunda, se puede aplicar una buena capa de crema y poner encima unos calcetines. Se deja actuar toda la noche y por la mañana los pies y las uñas estarán suaves e hidratados.
1.Cleanliness. In summer, feet need to be extremely clean, since, they are in direct contact with the ground when using sandals and flip-flops. For this reason, it is important to soak your feet in soap and water for a few minutes and clean them nail by nail to remove any dirt.
2.The cut. Unlike fingernails, it is very important to cut and shape the nails on the feet. They must be cut in only one direction to avoid the nail suffering from cracking, or from creating spikes that stick into the skin.
3. The shape. A little shape can be given after cutting, by using a long, narrow file so that it reaches all the spaces well.
4. Hydration. Beach sand and chlorine are two external agents that cause nails and feet to dry out and suffer. Therefore, feet should be deeply nourished with moisturising cream, preferably cream that is specifically for feet. For a deeper absorption, you can apply a good layer of cream and put some socks on top. Leave it to work all night, and in the morning feet and nails will be soft and hydrated.