Blue whiting: tasty white fish recipes
We bring you the best blue whiting recipes for you to discover how to cook this white fish. Delicious and easy recipes for baked, grilled, fried and more.
fresh food17 February 2020
Blue whiting, also known as blue cod, is a white fish from the cod family. It stands out for its high protein content, its small size and white meat. We can find it in the Mediterranean and the Cantabrian sea.
• Low fat content.
• High protein content.
• High phosphorus content: which helps the correct maintenance of teeth.
• Source of potassium: contributes to the normal working of the nervous system.
• Group B vitamins: Niacin, vitamin B-6 and Vitamin B-12. They help to reduce tiredness and fatigue.
• Source of selenium: contributes to the maintenance of nails and hair.
Although it is usually used in fried dishes, blue whiting is a fish that also adapts well to more elaborate recipes.
Battered or Andalusian style blue whiting
1 Kg of blue whiting
250 g of flour
2 cloves of garlic
1. Clean the blue whiting properly: you should remove the heads, the innards and the backbone. You can ask the fishmonger to prepare them for frying.
2. Leave them to dry on kitchen paper to reduce their water content.
3. Add salt and flour.
4. Beat the eggs with the well chopped parsley and garlic and pass the fish through it.
5. Fry with very hot oil on both sides.
6. Serve with lemon wedges.
Blue whiting al cartoccio
Filleted blue whiting
Italian green pepper
Two cloves of garlic
1. Chop the vegetables: the onion and pepper in slices and the garlic in wedges.
2. Place the chopped vegetables and the fillet of fish on baking paper.
3. Season with oil, salt and pepper.
4. Cover it with the baking paper and seal it properly at the sides.
5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 200 ºC.
6. While you wait, prepare the tartare sauce.
7. Chop the ingredients.
8. Place them in a bowl and add the mustard, pepper and mayonnaise.
9. Mix it well.
10. Carefully unwrap the fish taking care not to burn yourself and serve.
Baked blue whiting
4 blue whitings
2 green peppers
1. Clean the blue whiting, removing the innards, head and tail. Wash them, dry them and cut them into 2 pieces.
2. Wash the cherry tomatoes and dry them. Peel the onion. Clean, wash and dry the peppers. Thinly slice the vegetables. Clean the asparagus, wash and chop them.
3. Wash the parsley, chop a little bit and save the rest to garnish.
4. Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Place the vegetables in a dish with the fish, season with salt and pepper, drizzle with a little oil and lemon juice.
5. Bake for 15 minutes and decorate with parsley.
6. You can stuff the blue whitings with aromatic herbs so they are tastier.