Porridge: how to make porridge
Porridge or oatmeal is a very healthy breakfast, perfect to face the day with energy. Let us tell you how to prepare it.
on today's menu23 January 2020
Porridge is a very complete and balanced cereal, better than other types of cereals, both for its protein content, as well as healthy fats. It contains 60% carbohydrates, mostly slow-absorbing polysaccharides, and a large amount of fibre, which gives a greater feeling of fullness and provides energy. This contribution of fibre also makes oats a great intestinal regulator, as well as helping to improve cholesterol levels.
Porridge oats for breakfast
Porridge oats, better known today as porridge, has become well known for being a complete, healthy and nutritious breakfast. Let's see how easy and simple it is to prepare it, enjoying all the benefits that this cereal brings us.
How to make porridge oats
- 200/250 ml of milk (from cows, oats, vegetables) or water
- 4 tablespoons oatmeal
- Optional: cinnamon, vanilla, fresh fruit, honey, nuts.
1. In a saucepan, heat the milk or water (if you wish, you can add orange peel or a vanilla bean).
2. When it starts to boil, remove the peel or the pod, add the oatmeal and cook over very low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. When it becomes a somewhat lumpy mixture, turn off the heat and let it stand for about a minute.
4. Serve it in a bowl and that's it.