Sole: How to cook it easily and tastily
Sole is a white and healthy fish. We bring you the best recipes so that you can learn how to cook sole easily and tastily.
fresh food20 January 2020
This flat and oval-shaped fish lives in coastal waters, at least 200m deep, although it can sometimes be found in ports, rivers and estuaries, on the edge of fresh water. Nowadays, it is available in the market all year round, but it is more widely available in the cold months, between November and March.
How to cook sole
To take advantage of its properties and benefits, it’s a good idea to grill it with a little oil and fried garlic and lemon, accompanied by a garnish, for example, asparagus and leeks.
It can also be steamed so it is less calorific. Place it on a mesh or steamer with a lid, and this, in turn, in a saucepan where a fish soup is heating up. When you buy it, don’t forget to ask for the head and trimmings, they are very useful for this type of soups.
There are numerous ways to cook sole, and all of them are tasty and healthy. We give you some recipes.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 sole fillets
- 2 fresh onions or shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- UA few sprigs of parsley
- Virgin extra olive oil
- 150 ml of white wine
- Salt and pepper
1. Put the oil and chopped garlic, onion and chopped parsley in an oven proof dish. Place the sole fillets on top. Previously, remove the black part of the skin. Add little white wine on top, the rest will be added afterwards.
2. Place it in the oven, for 10 minutes at 180ºC and 5 more minutes to rest.
3. After the first 5 minutes of cooking, add the rest of the wine and a little more oil.
4. Finally, add salt and pepper.
It can be served with salad, baked potatoes, pasta, rice, quinoa...
This recipe is a classic from French cuisine. Very simple and tasty.
- 4 sole fillets
- 2 1/2 level tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons of lime juice
- Half a teaspoon of grated lemon
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- Sal y pimienta
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC. In a bowl, mix the flour, salt and pepper. Place it in the oven for 3 minutes.
2. EIn a frying pan, on a low heat, add the butter and half a teaspoon of grated lemon.
3. Pass the fillets through the mix of flour that was in the oven and fry them in butter for two minutes on each side. Add the lemon juice and chopped parsley to the frying pan and impregnate the sole, turning it over.
4. Finally, serve accompanied by a slice of lemon.