Ice cream cake: Home-made recipe
Did you know that ice cream cake is a dessert that you can prepare at home? Don’t miss this delicious and refreshing dessert with the recipe we have for you.
on today's menu
Temperatures are rising and you feel like preparing refreshing dishes at home. One of these, which is particularly attractive for those with a sweet tooth, is the ice cream cake. The name itself describes what it contains, but the positive thing is that the ice cream cake is not solely described by this term, as it can have flavours and options to please every palate.
Chilled cheesecake, chilled lemon cake, frozen chocolate cake, grandma’s freezer ice cream cake… There are many possibilities that you can include in this recipe now that the suffocating heat is almost knocking on the door. Making an ice cream cake at home that will amaze the family is quick and easy and there is no mystery to it. The following recipes will confirm this. Let’s get started!
Step by step instructions for making an ice cream cake
The ingredients you will need are:
- 2 packets of biscuits (such as Maria or Digestive)
- 100 g butter
- 1 packet of honeyed peanuts
- 400 g whipping cream (35% fat)
- 100 g sugar
- 500 g spreadable cheese, such as Philadelphia
- 2 sachets of milk curd
- Jam to taste
To make it, follow the instructions below:
- Chop up the biscuits into small pieces and mix them with the butter and peanuts. This will create a mixture which will be the base on which to make the remainder of the cake.
- Place the mixture into the bottom of a mould and cover the base as evenly as possible.
- Let it cool in the fridge for 15/20 minutes.
- Warm up the cream on a low heat and add the sugar, the cheese and the curd diluted in milk. Stir all the ingredients continuously, and when the mixture begins to boil, remove it from the heat. Then add it to the mould over the biscuit mixture. After this, put the cake into the fridge for around 6 hours.
- The last step: all that is left is to decorate the cake surface with jam, turn it out of the mould and… voilà!
Chilled lemon cake
What do you need to make this citrusy ice cream cake? The following:
- 1 small tin of condensed milk
- 100 ml whole milk
- 150 ml lemon juice (you will also use the zest of 1 lemon)
- 400 ml whipping cream (35% fat)
- 1 packet of rectangular biscuits
The recipe for the lemon ice cream cake is as easy as it is quick to make. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Put the condensed milk, whipping cream and lemon juice in a bowl, mix everything together and wait for it to thicken.
- Add a layer of this cream to a long cake mould.
- Moisten the biscuits lightly in milk and place them over the cream in the mould. Now, repeat the process: place another layer of cream and continue to add the biscuits on it until you reach the final layer, which should be a layer of cream. Smooth over the surface and cover the cake with transparent clingfilm.
- Leave the cake in the mould and place in the fridge for around 12 hours. Then remove from the mould and decorate the surface with lemon zest, and its now ready to eat.
Chocolate ice cream cake
The following ingredients are very easy to find, and they take centre stage in the following of ice cream cake option:
- 180 g chocolate
- 100 ml cream
- 2 spoonfuls whole milk
- 100 g couverture chocolate
- 20 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 15 g icing sugar
Let’s now move on to the preparation, which holds no mystery. Make the cake as follows:
- Firstly, heat up the cream with two spoonfuls of milk. This will be the base into which you will melt the chocolate.
- When the cream is hot, add the chocolate (this can be as drops of whichever cocoa content you wish, for example 75%). Stir until everything is mixed together well.
- Whisk the mixture using a whisk and start adding the butter chopped into cubes, which will help to give it consistency.
- When the base is ready, separate the egg whites from the yolks. Beat the whites with icing sugar and put the yolks aside, they will be added to this mixture later. When everything is well blended, add it to the previous mixture.
- After this, use folding movements to bring together the chocolate mixture with the eggs and sugar mix. The objective is to achieve a mousse-type texture which will later reach the desired consistency in the freezer.
- Prepare the mould by lining it with greaseproof paper so that the cake does not stick to it. Immediately after this, spread out the mixture and put the cake into the freezer.
- All that is left to do is take it out of the freezer a few minutes before serving so that it is not too cold. You can decorate the cake with chocolate shavings or caramelised nuts… Yum!
Grandma’s freezer cake
Biscuits and chocolate are the ingredients that should not be left out of grandma’s chilled cake, or its freezer version. Let’s recap on these and the rest of the ingredients:
- 600 ml whipping cream
- 250 g condensed milk
- 1 Greek yogurt
- 1 spoonful of honey
- 1 packet of square or rectangular biscuits
- Soluble coffee or instant cocoa (for soaking the biscuits)
- 1 bar of dark chocolate (for melting)
- 150 ml milk
- 40 g cornflour
- Chocolate vermicelli
To prepare this delicious freezer cake, follow the instructions below:
- Dissolve the cornflour in the milk and put it in a pan to heat up, to which you will later add the chopped chocolate until it has melted.
- Whip up the cream. Use a whisk to do this, and then add condensed milk, the yogurt and the honey.
- Line a long mould with greaseproof paper and place the first layer of cream in the base.
- Then, soak the biscuits in coffee or cocoa and begin placing them over the layers of cream.
- Repeat the process, that is, spread a layer of chocolate, cover it with biscuits and put a layer of cream over this; do this until you finish with a layer of cream. You can add chocolate vermicelli on top of each layer.
- Leave the cake in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Lastly, turn the cake out of the mould, cover with the rest of the chocolate and decorate it again with chocolate vermicelli. After this, put it back into the freezer until it is time to serve it.
As well as the chocolate mousse cake, the orange and pine kernel ice cream cake and the Opera cake, which are desserts that are always a success, you now also have delicious ice cream cake recipes that will delight during these summer months. Everyone will want to try them. We promise you!