Cakes for Father's day
Make a special cake for Father’s day to surprise him. We give you ideas, ingredients, and a step by step guide so it turns out delicious. Shall we start?
on today's menu
Father’s day is approaching and you might still be sat at home not knowing what to give him. Well, don’t let panic take over, because there are culinary gifts in the form of cake to suit every taste. So, you just need to head to the kitchen to make the best cakes for dad. A simple, affordable gift and it can be enjoyed as a family. Everything is more fun that way!
Ideas for easy cakes for father’s day
We show you some ideas so you can entertain yourself for a while cooking as a family and so you can surprise your day with a Father’s day dessert. This year, given him an unbeatable dessert!
Chocolate cake with almond crocanti could well be a safe bet. In addition, this cake is one of the easiest to make and it tastes incredible, since its creamy texture is an unbeatable combination with its biscuit base and those crunchy almonds on top. On the other hand, if your dad loves carrots, then a classic carrot cake is a must to celebrate a day like this. Carrot cake is a classic English dessert that never fails, its juiciness captivates anyone that tries it.
If you are a bunch of chocolate addicts in your house, you obviously have to go for the triple chocolate cake, an irresistible temptation in the form of three layers. And, for example, if you fancy a pleasure for the senses, without a doubt, your favourite will be the Ópera cake.
There are lots of cakes for Father's day, and beyond the elaborate creations, the most important thing on this day is to celebrate it with love and affection. From the entire range of desserts, we wanted to give you a special recipe: the heart-shaped cheesecake.
Ingredients for the heart-shaped cheesecake
- 6 biscuits
- 30 grammes butter
- Strawberry jam for decoration
- A heart-shaped mould
For the filling:
- 125 grammes liquid cream
- 50 grammes sugar
- 2 leaves neutral gelatine
- 250 grammes cream cheese
Step by step recipe
1. Start by making the base. To do so, melt the butter in the microwave and then add the biscuits to the blender cup and grind them. Add the melted butter to the ground biscuits and mix together.
2. Place the heart-shaped moulds on cling film and cover the base with the mixture you have just made with the biscuit. Smooth and press gently with the help of a spoon to prevent it from moving. Insert into the fridge for 20 minutes.
3. Now, place the gelatine leaves in water and leave to hydrate. Meanwhile, put a saucepan on the hob and add the cream. Heat until it starts to steam, but without letting it boil. Add the sugar and stir. When it starts to boil, gradually add the cheese. Stir with a whisk until you get a homogeneous mixture. Remove from the heat, drain the gelatine and add to the saucepan.
4. Stir again, place the saucepan back on the hob and heat a little. Don’t stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
5. Remove the moulds from the fridge and fill with the cream cheese mixture.
6. Leave to rest for approximately 6 hours in the fridge.
7. Cover the top with strawberry jam and remove the moulds carefully.
He will love them!